The CRIS-CAT (Cazenovia Area Transportation) program offers free transportation to Cazenovia, Nelson, and Fenner residents. Transportation is provided by a number of dedicated volunteers from the community.
Who may use the service?
• Cazenovia, Nelson, and Fenner residents, 55 years and older that do not have transportation or are temporarily unable to drive themselves.
When is transportation available?
• Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Service is not available on weekends, holidays or when schools are closed due to snow or other emergencies.
Where will CRIS-CAT take me?
• The program is primarily for trips within Cazenovia, Nelson, and Fenner. However, transportation to medical appointments in surrounding areas may be arranged according to driver availability.
Rides are provided for local medical and dental appointments, grocery shopping, banking, hair appointments and library visits. Requests for rides to social visits or other types of errands are also dependent on driver availability.
What is the cost?
• There is no charge for this service. Rides are scheduled and provided by volunteers from the local community. Donations are always appreciated. Your donations are tax deductible, and will be acknowledged by mail.
How do I arrange for a ride?
• Call the CRIS-CAT service number at (315)-655-0612.
Calls are accepted between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and should be made five to eight days in advance of a needed ride.
The CRIS-CAT scheduler may contact you to review the details of your request and the driver assigned will call to confirm the ride has been scheduled.
How can I help?
• CRIS-CAT is a “neighbors-helping-neighbors” program and relies on volunteers like you! Being a volunteer driver can be fun! It is always rewarding and you’ll be helping to make the community accessible to all our residents. Volunteers use their own vehicles and commit to being available at least one day a month. If you prefer, you can sign up on a “call-as-needed” basis. We’ll work with your schedule and lifestyle. Call 655-0612.